Big Think is a great place for thinkers. You will find in there articles that teach you how to properly think, about your self and about how your mind works.
When you check is a claim is truly scientific check these things:
– sensationalized headlines – easy cake
– misinterpreted results- if something sounds fishy, check the actual study
– conflict of interests – check a bit the history of the leaders of the study
– correlation does not mean causation
– speculative language used like: may, could, might etc
– sample size is too small – I’ve seen this too often
– unrepresentative samples
– no control group used – where was the science in this?!
– no blind testing used
– cherry-picked results
– unreplicable results
– journals and citations
Check the infographic (PDF) from below for more info: