We are 65% water and all like needs water to survive, but what happens if your body needs water and you don’t give it?
ASAP Science explains:
– you get dry mouth and darker urine, at first – the body tried to retain more fluid
– then you feel light headed, have a slower response time and decreased ability to feel pain – the brain tissue shrinks when you’re dehydrated
– after 1-2 days you get nausea and don’t really need to eat, you become delirious and impaired brain functions
– after more time the blood stops running through your skin – reducing heat loss, but increasing the core body temp
– in 3 to 5 days without water the body begins to shut down organs and then the brain